In October, we discussed how the IPO market has fared through the first three quarters of the year, and the news has been good. Despite market volatility and an uncertain geopolitical landscape, IPO activity in 2018 has already outpaced 2017.
Last week, in advance of yesterday’s midterm elections, Gina Kashinsky, Director of Product Strategy at Ipreo by IHS Markit, visited Nasdaq Trade Talks to discuss the state of the IPO market – looking back over the past year and looking ahead to the next.
She sat down with host Jill Malandrino, and the pair discussed how the market has fared throughout 2018 thus far, as well as what we can expect from the IPO issuance as we enter 2019.
Among the topics addressed during the interview were:
- Issuance/deal volumes in 2018 vs. 2017
- Best performing sectors/deals in 2018 YTD
- International deal landscape
- Outlook and IPOs to watch in 2019
- How banks and issuers can navigate the IPO market
Click the image to view the video.